The School of Media and Communication, Pan-Atlantic University and Afrinolly Limited created three short courses targeted at aspiring creative digital media content producers. These intensive hands-on and practical courses will run for 96 hours over a 3-month period. The programme oﬀers both fulltime (Monday – Friday) and part-time options (Saturdays only). Classes will hold at both the Afrinolly Creative Hub and Pan-Atlantic University Main Campus at Ibeju-Lekki.
This program is for existing and aspiring actors, ﬁlm makers, scriptwriters, content providers, university graduates and entrepreneurs interested in pursuing a career in media production, and all those interested in creative digital story telling skills.
Date: 5th June – 31st August, 2018 | Cost: N275,000
18% off for Earlybirds [only N225,000] – offer ends 25th May, 2018
- Learn from Industry Experts and Facilitators.
- Create Short-Format Content to launch career.
- Access to N6m Film Fund.
- Access to production equipment, studio and post-production facility at Afrinolly Creative Hub.
- Film Festival Distribution of Content.
- Content Monetization Opportunities.
- Internationally Recognized Certification.
- Access to Afrinolly network in Nollywood.
- Access to Pan Atlantic University network.
- Opportunity for Germany Film School tour.
MOBILE PHONE FILMMAKING COURSE
This is a short course to train students on how to make quality short films with both Android and iPhones. It also include a one-week Masterclass.
- Visual Planning [Pre-Production]
- Mobile Filmmaking Gear
- Setting up the Phone Camera
- Filming Smooth Video
- Steadicam Shooting
- Lighting the Scene
- Intermediate Mobile Video Editing
- Shooting and Editing
- Sound Collection/Design
- Titles and Transitions
- Mobile Phone Videos format delivery
- Film Distribution Strategy
SCREENWRITING FOR INTEGRATED MEDIA COURSE
This is a short course to train students to write stories for Film (narrative) and Television, creating memorable characters and learning the tool (Celtex and Final Draft). It also include a one-week Masterclass.
- Introduction to writing for Film & TV
- Rules of Story
- Film Story Arc
- Understanding Intention and Obstacle
- Developing the Concept/Scene breakdown
- Creating memorable Characters
- Researching Your & Incorporating the Research
- Finding an Idea
- Understanding the Audience
- Learning to Write Scenes
- Writing Captivating Dialogue
- Writing a Script: Structure, Process and Plot
- Learning the Tool (Celtex and Final Draft)
- Working with other Writers
- Pitching Your Story
ACTING AND DIGITAL PERFORMANCE COURSE
This is a short course to train students on acting for Film & TV, developing characterization, breaking down a script, preparation on and rehearsal, understanding character biographies and auditioning. It also include a one-week Masterclass.
- Introduction to Acting for Film & TV
- Researching Fictional and Real Characters
- Developing Characterization
- Breaking down a Script
- Preparation and Rehearsal
- Understanding Character Biographies
- Creating Characters
- Voice Training & Character
- Recreating Emotional Depth
- Using Your Voice & Using Your Body
- Working with Directors
- Working with Other Members of Cast